Terms & Conditions
General Use of the Website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction of any content on this website is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without TasterLab’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- All prices, offers, discounts and information provided on this Site are subject to the relevant Retailers conditions of sale.
- TasterLab accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever in relation to any information contained within this site nor resulting from any experience or purchase following from any Retailers site.
Your Responsibility as the User
Your permission to use TasterLab is on the condition that you:
- are 13 years of age or older but are 18 years of age or older to purchase or request any Taster;
- will comply with these Terms of Service;
- will not copy or distribute any part of TasterLab in any medium without TasterLab’s prior written authorization;
- will provide accurate information when creating an account or registering for our Services;
- are solely responsible for your User ID if you choose to create an account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using TasterLab while using your User ID;
- will not use TasterLab to collect any personally identifiable information, including account names, email addresses, or other such information, for commercial purposes;
- will not use the communication systems provided by or contacts made on TasterLab for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- are solely responsible for your Content submissions, including discussion posts, profile information and other such content;
- hereby grant each TasterLab user, whether using TasterLab or an application authorized by TasterLab but developed via a third-party developer, a non-exclusive license to access the Content you submit through TasterLab and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content as permitted through TasterLab functionality and under these
Terms of Service
We will not submit Content that is unlawful, defamatory, discriminatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing, pornographic, hateful, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate, as determined by TasterLab in its sole discretion, is false or inaccurate, or could damage our company, affiliates or other parties.
You do not need to Register to use much of the functionality of the Website or to access much of the Service. However, You must Register in order to request a Taster from the Website. This is so that we can provide you with easy access to print your orders, view your past purchases and modify your preferences as well as award points, tokens and stickers. We reserve the right to decline a new Registration or to cancel an account at any time.
How to register:
During Registration, providing it is available, you will create your own password. You must keep the password confidential and immediately notify us if any authorised third party becomes aware of that password or if there is any unauthorised use of your email address or any breach of security known to you. You agree that any person to whom its user name or password is disclosed is authorised to act as your agent for the purposes of using (and/or transacting via) the Service and Website. Please note that you are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password.
Valid email addresses:
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly, so that, among other things, moderation emails can be sent to you. Any accounts which have been registered with someone else’s email address or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their accounts if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
We reserve the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple registration accounts, or if an non-UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts the Website or the Service in any way.
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
Taster Terms & Conditions
Each Taster has specific terms associated with the Taster, which will be presented to you at the time you commit to purchase the particular Taster. Deal specific terms supersede any inconsistent terms in this Agreement, except to the extent such terms are prohibited by applicable law.
- Unless otherwise stated, Tasters are limited to one taster per person, per offer.
- Tasters are not transferable and are exclusive to you, as a valued TasterLab customer.
- Please refer to your promotional voucher for the expiry date and any additional offer restrictions.
- The voucher expires on the date printed on the voucher. If the state or province where the merchant is located prohibits earlier termination, then the amount you paid for the voucher will expire five (5) years from the date the voucher is issued. The prepaid portion of the voucher will not expire in states and provinces where it is prohibited by law. We won’t be able to reaccredit any Taster Tokens used or discredit any Points or Taster Tokens earned for this Taster request.
- Each promotional taster has a cash value of GB£0.001 and is not transferable or assignable.
- Please note that tasters cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tasters have been applied to the customer account with which this email address is associated and as such, can only be used by the customer on this email account.
- Tasters will be subject to verification at time of presentation and each individual service provider reserves the right not to accept any tasters at their discretion.
- Allow up to 48 hours for e-delivery of tasters.
- Emails - As a condition of Taster Request, we reserve the right to send you administrative and promotional emails. We may also send you information regarding your account activity and purchases, as well as updates about the Website and Service and Tasters as well as other promotional offers. (You can always opt-out of our promotional e-mails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of such e-mail correspondence.)
The Merchant, and not TasterLab, is:
- the seller of the Taster Products;
- solely responsible for providing you with the Taster Products and for the Taster Products themselves; and
- solely responsible for redeeming any Taster you Purchase.
- Restrictions: (i) Reproduction, sale, resale or trade of a Taster is prohibited. Any attempt to carry out any of these will potentially void the Taster at our discretion. (ii) If the Taster is redeemed for less than its face value, there is no entitlement to a credit, cash or new Taster equal to the difference between the face value and the amount redeemed. Also, Tasters are redeemable in their entirety only and may not be redeemed incrementally.
- Combination: It is at the discretion of the Merchant to determine whether Tasters can be combined with any other promotions, vouchers, third party certificates or coupons.
- Lost/stolen vouchers: Neither we nor the Merchant are responsible for lost or stolen Tasters or Taster reference numbers.
- Expiry: The Taster (including, but not limited to, any discounts provided by the Voucher) expires on the date specified on the Taster.
- Status of vouchers: All Tasters are promotional vouchers that are offered for Purchase below their face value and are subject to this Agreement and to any terms and conditions of the relevant Merchant.
- Value Added Tax: Currently the sale of Taster by us is not subject to VAT. If UK VAT law changes we reserve the right to charge you VAT in addition to the price for the Taster.
TasterLab reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time.
Upon voucher redemption, you will be invited to optionally review your experience of the taster experience as requested or bought. Any reviews submitted will have to comply with TasterLab’s Rules and Regulations for writing reviews.
Additionally, upon completion of your taster experience as requested or bought, you will be invited to optionally show if you made a discovery. Discoveries made are rewarded and expressed through TasterLab stickers visible on your profile. Please read the Rules and Regulations regarding stickers.
The contract to buy is complete when you request the Taster. The Taster Voucher will be available to view and download in your profile immediately after purchase. You may cancel any paid transactions by writing to us (preferably by email to email@example.com) within five (5) working days of your Taster Purchase date (prior to any redemption of the Taster being made.) We won’t be able to reaccredit any Taster Tokens used or discredit any Points or Taster Tokens earned for this Taster request.
The Urban Adventurists Terms & Conditions
- Members must be 18+.
- Sign up by the 1st of the month to attend that month's event.
- If you sign up after the 1st, you'll be put on the list for the next month's event.
- To cancel your attendance at an event, you must do so before the 1st of that month, and you will be refunded in TasterLab credit.
- No cancellations after the 1st will be refunded in any way (extenuating circumstances will be considered).
- All members are responsible for supplying TasterLab with any personal limitations (i.e. you do not drink, physical limitations, etc.) that might interfere with event attendance upon joining. If you do not supply those details, you will not be awarded a refund for events you cannot attend due to those limitations (extenuating circumstances will be considered).
- If you have supplied us with a list of your personal limitations in advance and an event is scheduled which you cannot attend due to those limitations, you will receive your ticket cost for that month in TasterLab site credit for that month.
- Events will always take place in zone 1 or 2.
- By purchasing a subscription to The Urban Adventurists, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Your subscription will be automatically extended indefinitely, at the then-current subscription rate. To cancel your subscription at any time, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you.
- If you cancel your subscription after your payment has been processed and you do not wish to attend that month's event, you will be refunded that month’s payment in TasterLab site credit.
TasterLab protects your personal information and data.
1. Protecting You
The TasterLab website www.tasterlab.com ("TasterLab", "we," "us," "our") is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws in the UK).
Our Policy explains what information we collect on the Website, how we use and/or share this information, and how such information is protected. By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, in whole or part, you should not use this Website. Please note that this Policy applies only with respect to the information collected on the Website and not any information collected or obtained through other methods or sources.
Our Policy ensures that any information you provide us remains private and secure. To reassure you, below we provide details of the information you provide to us, and how it will and, more importantly, will not be used. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us (and there may be an administrative fee payable for this). If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
2. Personally Identifiable Information - Collection of PII that we collect .
We collect personally identifiable information ("PII") that is volunteered during Registration or in response to specific information requests explicitly presented to you.
We may also collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer this Website. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data.
We may ask for your e-mail address during your use of the Website. Also, to purchase Tasters you may be requested to provide any or all of the following PII: first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number and details of a payment mechanism, such as credit card details.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
3. Use and Sharing of PII All PII is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws in the UK.
We use PII to provide you with information about TasterLab, to properly provide you with the Service and for marketing ourselves to you. It is our policy not to sell or pass any PII to any other organisations unless we are required to do so for fraud prevention and detection. We will never sell or rent your PII to anyone else for their marketing purposes without your consent.
However, we may pass your PII to our agents and subcontractors to help us with any of our uses of your data set out in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to provide us with marketing or customer service assistance or send it to a credit card provider to process a payment.
We also always reserve the right to disclose PII in order to: (a) comply with applicable laws; (b) respond to governmental enquiries (or enquiries from a legal, governmental or quasi-governmental or local authority agency or Internet protection agency of any type); (c) comply with a valid legal process or procedure; or (d) protect our rights or property, this Website, and/or other users of this Website.
Please note that as part of any PII sharing which we list above, we may send your information internationally including to countries outside the European Economic Area. Some places outside of the EEA may not have adequate data protection laws at all or may offer differing levels of protection of personal information which are not as high as in the UK. By submitting PII to us, you acknowledge that provided we have used your data in the ways set out in this Policy, we cannot be held responsible for any use of your data by third parties who receive and process your data.
Please note that we may email you for the following purposes: - as part of the Service. For example, we send (or may send) emails to you in some of the following example circumstances: - after Registration, notifying you of your account details; - as reminder emails about the services we offer (particularly if you have not used them yet or not used them for a while); - to send you information or Tasters which you have asked for; - as a newsletter; - as promotional emails; and - to offer related services to you from TasterLab Limited. However, in terms of any marketing or promotional emails we may send, we will always give you the chance to opt-out (or unsubscribe) from them in the future.
6. Security and Retention
The PII which we hold will be held securely within our systems in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We hold data until 3 years after it is last accessed or used by us. Regarding information transmitted between the Website and/or users, while we take reasonable precautions to safeguard this information, we may be unable to prevent unauthorised access to such information by third parties or inadvertent disclosure of such information during transit. Users acknowledge this risk when communicating with the Website.
7. Transfer in Certain Circumstances
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation or TasterLab Limited then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Website (including, without limitation, PII and other information), to one or more relevant third parties.
8. Customer Service
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
9. Google Analytics
10. Changes to this Policy
Please note that this Policy forms part of the Terms & Conditions for use of this Website and forms part of the Agreement between You and Us. We may, from time to time, amend this Policy, in whole or part, in our sole discretion. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy on the Website. Depending on the nature of the change, we may announce the change: (a) on the home page of the Website, or (b) by email, if we have your email address. However, in any event, by continuing to use the Website following any changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or part, you must terminate your use of the Website.
Inappropriate Content and Use of TasterLab
In order to provide the TasterLab service of writing reviews about tasters, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with TasterLab. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make TasterLab a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so.
You may not impersonate others when submitting reviews in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, deceive, or harass others.
You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than 6 months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- The number of accounts created
- Creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names
- Creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts
- Using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Hate Speech: You may not publish or post material that promotes hate toward any groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities.
- Serial Accounts: You may not create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts.
- Links: You may not publish or post content that disguises the content of a link in a misleading or deceptive way.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another users browser or computer or to compromise a user's privacy.
- Social Network Spam: TasterLab provides ways for users to interact with one another. You may not abuse these tools for the purpose of spamming users. Some of the behaviors we look at when determining whether an account is spamming include:
- The user has followed or ‘friended’ and unfollowed or ‘unfriended’ people in a short time period, particularly by automated means.
- A large number of people are blocking the profile.
- The number of spam complaints filed against a profile.
False or Obscene:
You may not publish, post or transmit content that is knowingly false, misleading, obscene or pornographic.
You may not publish or post content with the intent to harass or to advocate the harassment of another person.
TasterLab reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules.
TasterLab stickers are intended to represent discoveries made through, as well as outside of, TasterLab. All we ask is that you agree to our Terms and Conditions to help us protect and maintain our brand identity.
By using TasterLab you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Do not incorporate TasterLab stickers or any other confusingly similar marks into your domain names, screen names, website names, or trademarks.
- Do not alter or modify the TasterLab stickers or change a single element of the TasterLab stickers.
- Do not use the TasterLab stickers as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than TasterLab, except as otherwise expressly provided in a written agreement by TasterLab.
- Do not use the TasterLab stickers in a modified form, including an abbreviated form or in the plural or possessive form.
- Do not use the TasterLab stickers in any manner that merges the TasterLab stickers with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or used as a modifier (with a hyphen).
- Do not use or display the TasterLab stickers in a way that implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by TasterLab.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the TasterLab or the look and feel of the TasterLab website.
- Do not use our TasterLab stickers in any manner that otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
By agreeing to these conditions you are accepting that TasterLab is the sole owner of these stickers and promising that you will not interfere with TasterLab’s rights to these stickers. Your use of these stickers is governed by TasterLab and if that use violates the requirements outlined here, we may request that you cease to use the stickers.